Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A bus ride tangent.

A few mornings ago I was riding the 147 bus to work, and as I stood and nodded off, I looked at the people around me. Old Cranky Lady Who Thinks the World Owes Her Something was bitching again. "How you gonna have NO busses come for an HOUR and then three busses come all at the same time? I'm'onna call CTA and give them a..." on and on. Cute Eastern European girl was catching my eye and smiling again. And then all of a sudden I noticed Very Pregnant Lady standing up in the aisle a few meters away. I thought to myself, "Now, why the hell is that lady standing up? There's a very healthy looking young lad sitting down right next to her, and...Oh shit. Very Pregnant Lady just turned around and she has a beard. Very Pregnant Lady is in fact Man with Long Hair, Beard, and Disproportionately Large Belly to his Very Skinny Legs." So, I guess he doesn't need someone to give up their seat. Still. I hope the baby looks like its mother.

No comments: