Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Banner for Etsy!

Click for the full size version, but I just wanted to share the new banner that I made for my etsy.com site ChilledMonkeyBrains

The original was garnering criticism for being too graphic, and too dark, so I decided to choose a different tack. Ordinarily I wouldn't give a damn, because I think all art offends somebody somewhere, but in this case it just seemed like bad marketing. I mean, Etsy is largely peopled by moms who knit, so why piss them off right off the bat? Why not draw them in, and then have them click around before pissing them off?

hehe.

Seriously though, I hope it's a little more palatable, and makes me a few more customers than the last one did. I'll make a zombie monkey brain print for the true aficionados

No comments: